Sunday, October 4, 2015

Your desire



I object. I object to getting along. I object to making peace. I object to having hope. I object to giving volume and shape to such soundless and weightless objects. I object to mapping Babel, decoding dark matter, and documentation as fact. I object material wealth, gains of ills, drowning in debt, planning on procrastination, delaying destiny, fabricated faith, and all other coat racks collecting dust.  I object to forgetting yourself like a name since it’s only a temporary assignment.  I object the image. I project your image. An object you cannot touch. I object possession. I am not an object of possession. 


Image of painting by Samuel Dirksz van Hoogstraten 1664 [Public domain or Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment