Saturday, April 25, 2015

A moment of Time spent in graveyards


From the alchemist's stone, third face, eyeing the lake, the ripples stop and reflection takes shape, 
it reads:
"I am an orphan, alone; nevertheless I am found everywhere. I am one, but opposed to myself. I am youth and old man at one and the same time. I have known neither father nor mother, because I have had to be fetched out of the deep like a fish, or fell like a white stone from heaven. In woods and mountains I roam, but I am hidden in the innermost soul of man. I am mortal for everyone, yet I am not touched by the cycle of aeons*." 



*Jung, C. (1963). The Tower. In Memories, dreams, reflections (p. 227). New York: Pantheon Books.

Image By Feťour (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons, Carlsbad Cemetery 2011, Czech Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment