Thursday, May 21, 2015

Putting puzzles together


After some thinking about intuition,
                                  (albeit a counter-intuitive process)
reading, researching, writing, putting things together,
like a jigsaw puzzle I realized intuition wasn't even the missing piece I was looking for.
It was only part of the puzzle.
I read this book called "Imagine", I imagine it is what I happened to be looking for, it was about stimulating the imagination and the professional side of creativity. All literature takes imagination. It was a creative moderately priced somewhat controversial book...
Then I started to put it together-
Those that can't do are supposed to teach what they can't do.
By imagining a place where creativity lives in the brain, like an address, so I can visit as often as I want,  feasting until sated on as much intuition and hospitality as I want, it is really the same as reading a book about being creative, or writing about a book that someone wrote about creating creativity.
Writing about writing.
The poet's obsession with the poem.
While I'm no teacher-this is good since I have nothing to tell-as you can tell-I can tell that
actions speak louder than any vocabulary at any volume.
Don't listen to me. Learn from my mistakes that I never knew I made-until I stumbled intuitively into some opportunity I had been planning all along. These weren't mis-takes they were mis-give(ings).
If we could get our creativity to work on cue maybe we'd find ourselves in another Renaissance period.
That's romantic isn't it, romanticism and chivalry revived. Not really, realistically.
Perhaps this period is just part of a sentence whose point has yet to be made.
If we once intuitively accepted that the world is not flat, are able to comprehend that there are rings around planets and perceive that intuition is a sixth sense that we have yet to fully develop, maybe we could finally map the ocean and our brains or even better, unearth the secret to earthquakes. Maybe we were told and forgot, or maybe we were the forgetful mistake, I don't remember.
The earthquakes in Nepal this year reminded us we are just ants crawling on Mother Nature's back. We are the Doozers from Fraggle Rock, despite what we build, make and erect, she can reject without regret, most often as soon as we forget about things like gravity and earthquakes.
We walk around with regret. One kilogram of regret has the same 10 neutron force of gravity. Such is the weight of the world on our backs.
When I was 12 I lived through a major natural disaster, so it is called. This natural phenomenon goes by many other more specific names, like cancer does. The one I was afflicted with was called
“earth-quake”.
I did not get hurt. No lives of my loved ones were lost-any more than they were before the earth began shaking.
They call it a disaster and not an occurrence because we have no control over it. Like all trauma, disaster takes charge, acts, reacts, and lasts like aftershocks that slowly lose magnitude over time only to be forgotten generations later.
It was violent, but I was more horrific than it.
My own children, now almost adults themselves, have not ever been confronted by these random acts of mortality. Not one natural disaster has come knocking at the door in their life and I'm afraid they've started to believe they are standing on terra firma.
That is a slippery slope of quicksand. Don't trust the ice-practice walking on hot coals first.
I was told a man named Jesus advises this too, but it could be a rumor.
I saw the promotion of a cinematic scare tactic, another apocalyptic action movie due to infiltrate the big screen called 'San Andreas' starring The Rock, how i-rock-nic.
The quake I lived through, the Bay Bridge fell through, the Rock should be warned, Alcatraz is not safe either.
Escape the fallen debris of a bad movie while you can! The aftermath will still be there.
Mother Nature doesn't care about putting the pieces back together.
She is still setting the table, putting the plates where she wants.
Someday there will be a big buffet. No invitations will be sent, no black tie event.
It will be first come, first serve.
Variety is the spice of life, not everyone has the same tastes. Better is a personal flavor.
What is universal? Is there anything we can all agree upon? What about perfect? What about symmetry, the Higgs Boson, doesn't it all always fit together, even meteorites being pulled under pressure seek the path of least resistance...and we have two eyes, but our feet don't match...
We are all abnormal choosing holding up under pressure, hoping for better.
Some days I wake up with a suspicion, an intuition that something special is about to happen, something wonderful is definitely waiting for me today, or likewise, something important, catalyst in my life, and then-nothing.
Herman Hesse wrote of the same feeling, “And sometimes it seemed that something never seen yet long desired was about to happen, that a veil would drop from it all;but then it passed, nothing happened, the riddle remained unsolved, the secret spell unbroken, and in the end one grew old..."
This is not a tragedy, or a disaster, it is a sentence that is not done, that will never meet its period so it is doomed to keep repeating them-
until I understood that finding the missing piece of the puzzle meant including myself, the puzzle will never become solved.
As the final and complete image becomes clear, when the puzzle is almost solved, when I am the last piece, realizing I have been creating something I don't want to finish, an earthquake will occur, spreading pieces of me everywhere, hoping someone will pick me up and start this puzzle all over again.
Until then I will keep seeking imagination while secretly waiting for intuition to show up.



Image By Jason7825 (Own work), 3-D Jigsaw puzzle [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.


No comments:

Post a Comment