Saturday, April 2, 2016

Breakfast for dinner


After learning in Rocketry about the advantages and differences between electric versus chemical thrusters,
my mind was brewing a storm. Formulae and solutions, postulations and gyrations, the x factors why...
Later, while cooking dinner, with multiple burners set to High Heat on the gas stove, its hiss and blow,
it sparked an inkling that all was not equivalent.
Not just between the two.
Though I have the knobs set to high, I have no control, I think the left front one is stronger, but the variables and crumbs are too many and minute to compare.
And I stare at the flame(s)-
which cannot exist-in space, an arsonists void.
The not space is not not-space, I see it obviously,
and now the ether is coming back, however inflationary or temporary the flux, my how quickly strings unravel, vulnerable textiles, these things are flammable.
And ropes are stronger but under duress and flame split like light, fray and spray in weaker arrays that travel from an ignition point possibly millions of times away.
That sun we saw today.
A breakthrough.
Sunny side up.
Another event on the horizon.




Image from USAF via Wikipedia (Public Domain) Exoatmospheric Reentry-vehicle Interception System (ERIS) Antimissile Rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment