Friday, January 8, 2016

Five score and no more-ish


And I will do your list of one hundred things I love-
not because you told me to, that it would be good for me
to see these things in one safe place, like little word containers
as an apothecary, or even better a library, or that I'd thank you later for these little remedies
that remind, like lists, such as to-do's and guests and people and inventories.
No, I will do this list simply because I like lists and I don't like forgetting, or not trying, or not crossing something off when it was hard or good.
I don't like erase, like undoing, preventing, delaying until another day of de-laying.
So I will use perma-ink when thinking about this lovely list of things I love like-
deep belly laughs that sound unstoppable, rain of rooftops, rain ripples in puddles, grey days, fog, the heater on with the top down, reading, reading with a blanket and a cat, mornings alone, the first cup of coffee in the pot, the smell of fire, watching a fire, a fireplace with socks and a good book, Smokey, felines, horses, dolphins, the ocean, waves, sun, The Moon, clouds, stars, berries, camping, green, blue, birds, typewriters, antiques, art, ghosts, internet, technology, photography, warm cinnamon, green apple anything, soft blankets, firm beds, the smell of barbeque, cool san in between my toes, warm grass in between my toes, trees-redwoods, weeping willows, monkey pines, Monterey pines, pines, certain watches, certain shoes, smart dapper men, my hair drinking the sun, chills, a perfect sentence, great poetry, e.e. cummings, Italo Calvino, Umberto Eco, Herman Hesse, Aldous Huxley, William Faulkner, Jorge Luis Borges, Nikoli Gogol, Anton Chekov, Boris Pasternak, music (so much more music it counts as four), Steamer Lane, Tamarack, Big Basin, Prague, everywhere I've never been (that's easily another 10), libraries, the smell of books-old and new (that's two), learning, listening, hearing, seeing, walking, feeling loved, waxflower, a great story, a great smile, a good soul.

Image By John Dalton, 1808 / Джон Дальтон, 1808 ([1] here / здесь) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment