Tuesday, January 5, 2016

His Rescue Human


He squints at me, he trusts I will be there squinting back when he peaks. There is no warmer hug, this is a soul kiss.
I feel the adoring heat of his glare anywhere he happens to touch my body with his searching eyes, content to be resting only on his favorite sight.
When life has me tangled in all its sticky strings, he helps unravel the yarn enough to let me take one deep breath and notice I am never alone in this web.
Battered and beaten, he pours all healing into me, it roars through my marrow and melts my stiff icy pain. I try to do the same yet I am inept.
Bloody, broken and brave, he protects and guards against anything he may deem suspiciously dangerous-to either of us-expecting nothing but safety and (my lap) some security in return.
Electric touch exchange, plugged in to each other, we alternate our currents as needed, the recharging makes me live longer, I can feel it with every smile.
The first and last thing I see every day, never ending is never long enough-for this one of nine nows that we share between animal worlds.
We recognize each others (like) ness, knowing we will always find each other again.
Each and every now and again-so often-i am-immortally in love with this divine feline who chose me to be his companion. I didn't know how lost I was until he found and rescued me (from me).


No comments:

Post a Comment